Baked Ziti with Spinach & Chicken
- • 1 box of your favorite brand ziti or penne shaped pasta
- • 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- • 1 jar Natalia’s Sweet Potato Tomato Sauce
- • 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- • ½ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese + ¼ cup for final garnish
- • ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- • 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Get out a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- Cook your ziti in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. (I add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt to the water)
- Drain the pasta, then return it to the pot it was boiled in. Add the chicken, basil and spinach. Mix to combine.
- Add a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of the baking dish - about 2 tablespoons. Pour half of the pasta mix into the pan. Sprinkle half of the cheeses (in any order) over the pasta. Pour and spread half the remaining sauce over the pasta in the baking dish. Add the second half of the pasta on top. Layer with cheeses, and then the last of the sauce.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until cheese is very melted. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Pair this dish with: 2013 Fritz Estate Zinfandel
Natalia's Kitchen Blog http://blog.nataliaskitchen.net/